Anse Georgette beach of Praslin island-Seychelles
Anse Georgette beach of Praslin island is often described as the calmest Seychelles beach and one of the most famous beaches on Praslin Island. Situated on the northwest coast of the island, it is often acclaimed as the most beautiful beach on Praslin. It is known for it’s untouched and pristine beauty which creates a breathtaking view. Despite its popularity, this beach is perfect for those not at home with huge crowds.
This is one of the major difference between other beaches on Praslin Island like Anse Lazio and Anse cocos in la digue island. Though it is not a private beach, the easiest access point is through the Constance Lemuria Resort. The restricted access is what makes this spot secluded and perfect for romantic getaways. the same way the secluded makes this beach bit complicated to visit as the tourist have to make a ring to Constance Lemuria Resort to plan their visit to Anse georgette.
Salient features of Anse Georgette beach:
- This beach has crystal clear turquoise water as there are very few coral reefs present. One can clearly see the fishes moving through the translucent water. Added with the fine white sand and tumbling waves, Anse Georgette is a sight to behold.
- Natural shade and lovely breeze can be enjoyed as there are many palm trees lining the beach. The wind can also pick up speed occasionally so it’s good to keep your belongings in check.
- Like Anse Lazio on praslin and Anse coco beach on la digue island, Anse Georgette is an excellent snorkeling spot. Snorkeling gear can be rented from the Constance Lemuria resort for nominal prices.
- The beach boasts a unique and stunning rock formation which adds to the privacy of the area
- The waters of this beach go deep often, children and uncertain swimmers need to be supervised all the time.
if you are not sure of your swimming, then you need to double check before you start swimming in Anse Georgette.
Ideal beach for activities:
- Unlike Anse Lazio on Praslin, Anse Georgette is not protected by offshore coral reefs but the tides of this beach are normal and small tides.
- This beach is ideal for picnicking and sunbathing, there is enough shade for you and your family to relax and for your children to play in the pristine sands of Anse Georgette.
you won’t realize passing half day of your picnic in the beauty of Anse Georgette.
- The vivid beauty and calmness of Anse Georgette makes it ideal for photography with your family. make sure you have enough battery in your camera before starting to Anse Georgette
The easiest way to get to Anse Georgette is through the Constance Lemuria Resort. You don’t have to be a guest staying at the resort to access the beach. But, prior permission is required. The beach is accessible at all hours be it day or night. In the case of a last-minute plan, no worries! Just go to the resort for a meal and take the path through the golf course after that (though the food is quite pricey, it’s definitely worth it).
Creolepay cars offers you affordable and reliable rental cars in Praslin and mahe island anywhere you stay Explore Seychelles with an inbuilt GPS device in our cars for your safe navigation. you can stop by the lush green trees to enjoy the nature and take some memorable pictures at lot of fascinating view points in Seychelles.
Location – northwest coast of Praslin island, guarded by Constance Lemuria Resort
Area – 3.12 km2
Things to know:
Though the beach is accessed through the resort, it is not private property and there are no charges for visiting. The timings are also pretty flexible with no curfew as such. The only thing is, visitors to the beach have to call the resort and reserve a visitation as only 30 non-guests are allowed on the beach at any given time. Usually, it is advisable to book at least three days in advance in case of a sudden rush. As the tide can be unpredictable at times it is wise to keep a close watch on kids. Even adults who know swimming need to be aware of the tide before wading in.
The beach is farther away from the resort, across the golf course. It is possible to make use of one of the hotel’s golf carts or buggies to get a ride to the beach. If you prefer to walk, it would take around 20 minutes across the golf course. Towards the end of the course, you’ll find a path leading through the bushes. Take it, and Voila! You’re at one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Trust me, that view would simply stun you for a minute or two.
Anse Georgette of Praslin island till date stands as a favorite romantic spot for lovebirds and honeymoon planners.
Though there is a path from Anse Lazio, the path forks somewhere in the middle and is very difficult to find unless a local is around to help. The walk would take a little more than half an hour. It is also possible to enter the beach through a boat from any of the other beaches. secluded ambiance, pristine white sand, crystal clear water makes Anse Georgette a must to visit beach of Praslin island.
Nearby restaurants Anse Georgette beach
2.4 km from Anse Georgette
Cuisine: Carribean, seafood
Takamaka beach bar
0.5 km from Anse Georgette
Type: Fresh juice and excellent seafood
PK’s @ pasquiere restaraunt and gastropub
Location: 2.5 km away from Anse Georgette
Specialty: seafood and meat
Cafe Des arts
7 km from Anse Georgette
Cuisine: Seafood, Creole
more pics of Anse Georgette beach